Saturday, September 12, 2009
The Magic of the First Three Days...
As a child, if you always wanted to be a teacher, you have imagined...your very classroom, your rules, the decorations, and how you and your students were going to act on the first day. My first few days as a new teacher to my school was everything I imagined and more. My room was filled with colors, age appriopriate words, an atmosphere of love, safety, and creative filled your heart as you entered my room. My students knew that I truly cared about them and wanted to make them be the best they can be, "They were my All-stars". I loved during morning meeting activities were get to know you activities, I loved reading "Alphabet Mystery", "Unstoppable Me", and "How do Dinosaurs get well?". We sang songs and moved about my classroom. They were getting to know me and my expectations and I was becoming aware of their personalities. It also did not hurt my ego when I heard some kids say as we were lining up to go to lunch, "She is the best teacher in the world." My heart just melted and I thought "How sweet!" That nice compliment was followed up by a child say to the friend who just made that remark and said, "And she's so pretty too!" I was like "Wow" my ego could withstand these nice compliments from my kids. I was on a natural high those days from all the honeymoon bliss and excitment and than...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ROFL...you crack me up! What a great idea. I can't wait to share this with the kids and we will read about the daily adventures of the "Squirrely Six". Hang in there- you can crack those NUTS! hahaha (bad joke)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Please share with yoru kids. I love what you say about "cracking the nuts".. I will definitely work on it because I am for sure not letting myself "crack" up!
ReplyDelete